“Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.” Deut. 7:9
This month of February is widely known as the month of Love because of Valentine’s Day on the 14th. But over and above our human love is God’s love.
God is love. God’s nature is LOVE, so the ways of God are love. God can never function contrary to His own nature. Never in your life will God ever express His will toward you in any way other than as an expression of perfect love. His disciplines are always based in love. Jesus is the most perfect example of God’s love. Here are some facts about God’s love:
• God is LOVE. 1 John 4:16
• God has chosen to love us. John 3:16. 1 John 3:16.
• God teaches us to love. 1 John 4:7-12
• God assures us of His love. John 15:9-11
• We are temples of His love. 1 Corinthians 3:16
• God loves, so He disciplines us in love to increase our love. 1 John 4:18
• God requires our love and obedience. John 15:9-10. Ephesians 5:1-2
• God wants us to make His love known. Matthew 28:19-20. Acts 1:8
We reflect on these passages, discuss and share:
1. Love, by nature, is trust-worthy. Do you rely on and trust God to supply all your needs, remove your fears, and build you up in love?
2. Do you trust Him enough to share His love with others?
3. Think about how God has manifested His love to you, and through you to others, as you have obeyed Him. Share your experiences in receiving and sharing God’s love.
4. How has God’s love for you made a difference in your life?