Objective: To acquaint us with the power of God’s word, the Holy Scriptures, and to inspire in us a positive response to His Word.
A. God’s Word is powerful and everlasting.
Heb. 4:12 Prov. 4:22
Matt. 24:35 Heb. 1:3
Jer. 1:12 Matt. 4:4
Isa. 55:10-11 Rom. 1:16
2 Tim. 3:16-17 Matt. 7:24-27
Rom. 15:4 Acts 17:11
2 Peter 1:21 Psalm 119:97
Psalm 119:105 Luke 8:21
1 Thess. 2:13 Joshua 1:8
1. How would you describe the power of God’s Word?
2. Have you experienced the power of God’s Word in your life? Share with the others how this power has affected your life.
3. As members of a Christian Community, we commit to read, study and meditate on the Holy Scriptures at least 15 minutes every day. Why is this practice a necessary discipline for each one of us?
4. It has been said that in prayer we talk with God and through the Holy Scriptures He speaks to us. What can we do to improve these communication lines?
5. What parts of the Holy Scriptures do you consider most profitable for you to meditate on? Why?
6. How can we apply the teachings and messages in the Scriptures to our everyday lives?