BCBP Roxas City marked its 26th founding anniversary celebration with a Grand Breakfast on June 4, 2022 with the inspirational theme taken from John 15:16, “Go and Bear Fruit”. The celebration was graced by no less than the BCBP National President PV Beley with wife Monette as the couple sharer. Held at Kapis Mansions in Banica, Roxas City, 280 members attended the activity onsite including guests from Kalibo and Lapaz Chapters and Estancia Outreach. The hybrid activity was shared virtually via zoom with the Antique Outreach showing support and participation through a watch party as well as other members around Panay region and beyond.
PV and Monette’s sharing put emphasis on the value of service. PV articulated: “We have learned to put our trust in the Lord when called for service. We only need to say, Yes Lord, here I am, and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. Service has given us a valuable lesson, a new mindset. It is about how God wants to use us according to His purpose.” Monette furthered, “I have come to realize that service provides us with the concrete means to express love for God through the love and care for others.”
On the second part of the program, five non-BCBP individuals were given recognition and award for their specific deeds of honesty.
- Jocelyn Ceralvo, a cook for a parish priest, turned in a wallet containing important IDs, documents and cash she found inside a mall.
- Jomer Soriano, tricycle driver, returned a cellphone unit left by a Swedish national in his tricycle.
- Tomas Leonor, security guard, returned to its owner a brand new cellphone unit he found on the road on the way home from duty.
- Nilo Andrade, security guard, returned a sum of cash he found while on duty.
- Philip Bitoon, utility worker in a hospital, returned to patients and individuals a number of items like laptop and cellphone and cash he found in various circumstances.
These acts of honesty, while may be trivial to some, merit recognition and need to be amplified especially in the light of our Be Honest advocacy via the Tapat Dapat campaign. Each awardee received a certificate, Tapat Dapat standee, Gift Certificates and several tokens contributed by community members.
Overall, the Breakfast Meeting was a huge success with the presence of 23 first-time attendees, over 300 attendees, both onsite and via zoom, 5 Honesty Awardees, and PV and Monette Beley. The fruitful celebration was capped off with a challenge posed by RCD Nathaniel Chan and AMD Noel Amane to Roxas Chapter which is to soon form and install a new chapter. Chapter Head Rotelo Palmes has committed to make it happen in due time.
Written by Genesis B. Ambrocio, Programs and Services Director of Roxas Chapter