Christmas is almost synonymous with gift giving. Have you ever received a Wish List from Jesus, gifts that He would like us to give Him, after all, Christmas is His birthday? We share with you an anon. list wherein Jesus tells us some of his wishes:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My Birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don’t have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Pray for your leaders, and write them and tell them of your prayers. This will surely make their Christmas lighter and brighter knowing that you care.
4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can’t afford and they don’t need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5. Pick someone who has hurt you in the past and forgive him/her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don’t know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. And stop shopping on Sunday. If the store didn’t make so much money on that day, they’d close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary – especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. Here’s a good gift. There are individuals and whole families near you who not only will have no Christmas tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don’t know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to Catholic Charities, your church, or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don’t do anything in secret that you wouldn’t do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of Mine.
Jesus continues: Don’t forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I’ll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work; time is short. I’ll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and remember … I LOVE YOU.