The BCBP Programs and Services Directorate has created a Medical Task Force on Covid-19 to filter all information regarding the pandemic and the vaccines, especially those with conflicting views.
Bro. Noel delos Reyes, National Service Coordinator for Programs and Services, said the Task Force is composed of doctors who are members and leaders of the BCBP, representing different chapters and different specializations.
1. Bro. Raffy Cruz, Chapter Head of Rizal (Family Medicine/Diabetology);
2. Bro. Jun Ginete, former Chapter Head of Makati and now Regional Service Coordinator for Mission for South Metro Manila Region 1 (Pediatrics);
3. Sis. Emily Aventura of Greenhills West (Pulmonologist);
4. Sis. Cynthia Tallo of Alabang East (Pulmonologist);
5. Sis. Prix Llanora of Makati (Pediatric Neurology);
6. Sis. Tina Pangilinan of Ortigas (Pediatrics);
7. Bro. Dodoy Diaz, the Regional Coordinator of Panay (Internal Medicine);
And 8. Bro. Ferdie Pangilinan, former Chapter Head of Ortigas (General Surgery) and will serve as Task Force head.
According to Bro. Noel, the Task Force will issue advisories which are supported by well controlled studies and also espoused by the medical specialty societies.
“This is to guide our BCBP members especially now that there are a lot of conflicting information regarding Covid-19 circulating around,” he said.
BCBP President Bro. PV Beley said the Task Force will guide the community in these challenging times considering the barrage of real and fake news and opinions on treatments being shared around social media and communication channels.
“We thank the members of the Task Force for their generosity in sharing their time and expert opinion. Keep safe everyone,” he said.
The Task Force has shared the attached advisory (see photo below) from the Healthcare Professionals Alliance Against Covid-19 (HPAAC) on the Ivermectin debate.
Let us pray for the BCBP doctors and all the medical frontliners who are leading the fight in this war against the Covid-19 virus. May God protect, guide, and use them in extending His healing hand to those who are sick.