1. The Church in Ephesus (Rev. 2:1-7). In what ways have you lost your first love for Christ? What has helped you to keep the fire of that love alive? What can you do to let this fire burn stronger and brighter?
2. The Church in Smyrna (Rev. 2:8-11). Has it been harder for you to live out your faith when you’ve been poor, or when you’ve had enough money? Why? In what ways do you feel spiritually poor? Spiritually rich?
3. The Church in Pergamum (Rev. 2:12-17). What cultural influences distract you from your relationship with Christ? How subtle are these influences in your life? How direct? What weapons has God given you to do battle with?
4. The Church in Thyatira (Rev. 2:18-29). Who or what has played a role similar to Jezebel in your life? How? How did the Lord free you from that influence?
5. The Church in Sardis (Rev. 3:1-6). If Jesus addressed this “wake-up call” to you, what would he want you to strengthen? Right now, would Jesus need a fire alarm to wake you up, or would a quiet call do it? Why?
6. The Church in Philadelphia (Rev. 3:7-13). What open doors has Christ placed before you? How have you taken advantage of the pathways he’s made available to you? What are some closed doors he’s placed in your life? How have you responded to each of these closed doors?
7. The Church in Laodicea (Rev. 3:14-22). If Jesus took your spiritual temperature today, what would he find? Why? What is Jesus waiting for at the door of your life?
8. Which of the promises that Christ makes to each of the churches would you most like to come to reality in your life? Why? What do you resolve to do to be able to claim these promises?